cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting fields when exporting to Excel

Christopher
Level 5
I cant really seem to figure out what the sort order is when I export a collection to Excel. I have 2 collections that are merged to a single collection which is then exported to a Excel Sheet. The collection does correctly enough gets exported with the fields arranges like they are in the collection in the process studio, but I can't seem to change that order, I tried to change the description and then sort by that (not sorting via a business object), but no luck. Any suggestion?
2 REPLIES 2

RobinToll
Staff
Staff
Do you mean you're trying to change the order of the fields, or sort the values in the collection? If the latter, try sorting in Excel - it's probably more efficient for any significant amount of data. For the former, try creating a new collection with the fields in the correct order, and copying the data across in a loop.

Christopher
Level 5
Hi Robin, I just figured it out, it worked when I just renamed the fields after I created them so they where in the desired order, but that's seems like a really strange way it handles the Column order.