cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll within my Digital Worker?

lulis
Level 3

How can I install Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll within my Digital Worker?

------------------------------
Lucia Lisdero
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Lucia Lisdero,

In general  the dll you mentioned will be automatically  present when MS office was installed.
Are you referring to keep these dll in specific location  with in the VM? 

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Lucia Lisdero,

In general  the dll you mentioned will be automatically  present when MS office was installed.
Are you referring to keep these dll in specific location  with in the VM? 

-----------------------

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Try re-running the installer and choose Change Features
15790.png

John Carter
Blue Prism

Thanks John carter for sharing the screenshot. I  totally forgot it is present in the BP installation.

-----------------------

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@lulis,

Versions of Blue Prism prior to v7.3 included the Outlook interop DLL if you selected the option at install. If it's not in your folder, it's likely that you didn't select that option during install.

Starting with v7.3, the Outlook interop DLL is no longer included due to licensing restrictions. In its place is the NetOffice Framework equivalent. However, the be able to leverage that Outlook integration you will have to download the NetOffice version of the Outlook VBO from the DX. You can find that here. All of the action names and even the VBO name and object ID are the same, so you shouldn't have any issues with existing proceses that use the legacy Outlook VBO.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

sonuiiml
Level 5

Hi @lulis. If my understanding is correct, you  probably need this dll to be present in 
C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate folder to execute your automation using Microsoft Outlook. Well normally its present in the same virtual machine where you are trying to run the automation. It should be present in the below folder path
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook\15.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll
the dll file needs to be copied from the mentioned folder to the bleu prism automate folder. It normally needs admin access though.

Susamay Halder Consultant
Consultant
Bruce Power
+1(437)217-1086