cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing Single Data Item into Excel Cells - one below the other

sandeshtope
Level 4

I need to write data from a data item into an Excel sheet, with each value written into separate cells, one below the other.

My data item contains six values, and I need to ensure each value is placed in its own cell in a column.

Values in DATA Item are like this -

Could anyone provide guidance or a step-by-step method to achieve this in Blue Prism?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @sandeshtope,

From what I could understand, you have all of these values in a single data item separated by a new line character.

If that’s the case, use the Split Lines action from the Utility - Strings VBO. This would ensure your data item gets converted to a collection with one column comprising of all these values in separate rows.

Once you have this collection, use Create Instance, Open Workbook and Write Collection actions to write the collection value to the desired range of the worksheet in the target excel workbook path.

Please let me know if it helps!

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

faheemsd
MVP

Dear @sandeshtope 

If your data item having the values line by line, you can us the clip board activity to paste the all the data into the excel

Copy the data to clip board and go the excel, active the Excel cell that you want to write the data and paste the values with Excel VBO.