cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we merge different-2 pdf into one pdf

SahilChankotra
Level 4
I have a multiple pdf files, I want to merge all pdf files into one pdf. Can you please help me?

------------------------------
Sahil Chankotra
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @ewilson.

I'm trying to execute the "Merge Files" action, but I'm facing the following error.

29749.png
29751.png
Should I do something else besides this: "Copy "PdfSharp.dll" to the Blue Prism installation folder "C:\Program
Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate""?

Thank you in advance.

Luis Canales

@LuisCanales,

That error seems to indicate the robot doesn't have permissions to access the target folder. I'm assuming this is where you're trying to write the newly merged PDF?

Cheers,​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@ewilson:

It's working now, thanks for your help!

Cheers,​

Luis Canales

Hi Eric,

Is there any workaround for this issue? I want to merge multiple PDFs to one.

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot handle iref streams. The current implementation of PDFsharp cannot handle this PDF feature introduced with Acrobat 6.

Sahana Mohan
Lead Software Engineer
SS&C Blue Prism
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism

Hello @sahana mohan,

The PDFSharp folks have released a beta version of a revised PDFSharp library. I haven't tested it myself, but it may help you out. You can download the Nuget package from the link below (use the Download package link on the right of the screen). If you're not familiar with Nugets, they're basically just zip files. Once you download the package you can change the file extension to ".zip" and open it with File Explorer, WinZip, etc. From there, you'll want to pull out the PDFSharp DLL and place it in your Blue Prism Automate folder. Then you can try your process again and see if it's capable of dealing with those newer PDFs. 

https://www.nuget.org/packages/PDFsharp/6.1.0-preview-1#readme-body-tab

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

RobinSmith
Level 2

In my experience, Supertool will be beneficial to you if you want to merge multiple PDF files into one. There are also other basic features available for editing PDFs, such as color PDFs.

Robin Smith