cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access the datatable inside a datatable?

SemihKayaaltı
Level 2

Hello, I am receiving a response from a web service in JSON format which is then converted into nested collections. To be able to process the data better I would like to get rid of this "Row 1 of 1" (picture 3 and when clicked on it looks like picture 1) format and I can achieve this by using calculation stages (picture 2), but it takes longer when the collection has too many rows since I need to use a loop stage.

So I am wondering if and how I can access the (UniqueValues.JSON:Array.text) field in a code stage so I can process faster and remove unnecessary stages. Thanks, in advance

------------------------------
Semih Kayaaltı
Intern
Mercedes Benz
3 REPLIES 3

david.l.morris
Level 14
When you say 'too many rows', how many rows is that? Even looping in Blue Prism with loop stages and calc stages between is pretty fast. If you're timing the processing speed in DEBUG mode, then it's going to be much, much slower than it will be in Control Room. Set the stage logging to disabled or errors only and then try the same thing in Control Room and see if the speed is acceptable.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi David,

Actually trying in Control room has pretty much solved my case, it is amazingly fast. Thanks for the advice

Semih Kayaaltı
Intern
Mercedes Benz

No problem. As a second suggestion in case you come upon other needs for manipulating datatables (collections), you could look into LINQ as a solution inside of a code stage. It's fairly easy to use. One reason you may want to consider this is if you frequently use DEBUG mode to run collection manipulation operations. I do this a lot using Blue Prism loop stages, etc., and I'm just about ready to start using code stages because of how slow it runs in DEBUG mode. So, I feel your pain. It has something to do with the fact that Blue Prism is keeping track of every action occurring in the UI during DEBUG mode, I think. If anyone has any other solution to this, I'd be happy to hear it. 😃

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA