cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call process as Asynchronous ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Team, I have a process which needs to be scheduled and it calls subprocess based on certain conditions. How can I make it asynchronous(it has to execute subprocess but control should proceed for next stages in main process) Example : 3 process being called in Scheduleder Based on condition it triggers first process even it executing subprocess the control should be back to main process for checking second condition and keep on executing asynchronously. Thanks,  
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You can do it via the command line API

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can I find documentation for thie John_Carter?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
In the product help files. There's also a HTTP API you may be interested in.

RobertoCampione
Level 3
Hi Guys, this task it is really interesting. But I cannot find the documentation mentioned by John.  Can you please help me to find out these documents and tell me if you already implemented that? Thank you

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Press F1 in the BP Client and then search for 'command line'.

Mei_YingLim
Level 3
I think John is referring to this document: https://help.blueprism.com/1139597412 The asynchronous would be more complex though. There is a design pattern in the Web Services Guide. I'd be interested to find out if anyone has actually implemented it and if so, how it was done.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Yes the link above has the same information as the Help section of the BP client. It can and has been done. At a most basic level you have a parent process on resource A that employs the command line to start a child process on resource B. The output from the command line contains the session ID of the child process. That ID can be used to monitor the child process and check it's progress. This simple task can be developed into something quite complex, where the parent orchestrates many children.