cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy subfolder files?

NehaGote
Level 4
Hi,

I want to copy the entire content i.e folder and files from the folder. For e.g there is folder A and inside folder A there is folder B and some files. I want to copy the folder B and files to new destination path. How can this be done? Utility - Folder Management , copy folder action copies entire folder including folder A. Is there a way we can only copy subfolder and files?

------------------------------
Neha Gote
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @NehaGote,

I'm not familiar with a VBO titled Utility - Folder Management. Did you get that from the Digital Exchange? Have you tried the Copy File action of the Utility - File Management VBO and setting the file path to something like C:\Folder A\*?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@NehaGote,

I ran a quick test and it looks like using the Copy File action with a wildcard will only copy the files, not the subfolders. To address your need, we've pushed an update to the VBO that includes a new action titled Copy Directory. This will take a source directory name and a destination directory name as input. It will copy the entire contents of the source directory into the destination directory.

You can find the updated VBO here.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson

Just found a work around. Can use Utility - File Management , Get folder action where we would give path of folder A as an input. Then in its output Folders collection path column we will get path of all the folders within A  folder. Then can loop Folders collection and can use Utility - Folder Management copy folder action. This will copy the all subfolders from A folder to destination folder. Utility - Folder Management utility was downloaded from digital exchange. 
I will try updated Utility - File Management VBO as well. Thank you for sharing it appreciated

Neha Gote

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
Hi @NehaGote

Pls find this VBO To Copy Folder. I have developed it and used internally multiple times. Let me know if it fulfills your need.

Thanks​

vinod chinthakindi