cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do the impact assessment for an object change to the related process?

LuXu
Level 3
Hi, I'm trying to find out the regression testing required for an object change to all the process that's using it. Could you please help me to understand: - Is there a quick way to find out the mapping between process & object, eg. all the process that's calling the object, or all the object that a process use - Change to an object will impact all the process that's calling it, what kind of change will have this kind of impact? * Adding new element or action ? * Modify current element or action? - What kind of impact it will be? Does it mean if I modify an object(element or action), I'll need to do regression testing for all the process that's calling this object? No matter if the element/action is being used by the process Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

If you are using Blue Prism v5.0 you can use the Find References functionality to see all of the dependencies. (See the Dependency Tracking section within the Blue Prism User Guide - Version 5 Feature Summary which is available on the portal under Product -> Documentation -> V5.0 -> Version Overview). Examples of how to access the functionality: - Within the Studio tab of Blue Prism, right click a Business Object and click Find References - Within the Studio tab of Blue Prism, right click a Process and click Find References - When editing a Process, click the Dependencies button in the toolbar - When editing an Application Model, right click an element and click Find References - When creating Release Manager package that includes a Process, right click the process and click Select Dependencies

Thank you Kev, we are on V4 at the moment, looks like v5 will be much helpful Further to that question, after identify the dependencies, how do we identify the regression testing scope? - Eg. does all types of change to an object(add/modify/delete element, add/modify/delete action will require regression testing for all the process that's using the object? When an object is big, would it be an concern that if multiple process calling the same object(might be different action though)? When an object is big, would performance be an concern every time it's called? Thank you