cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Session Logs in Blue Prism of a particular item key in an excel from command line parameters

Im working on a project on Blue Prism and I would want to fetch Session logs and export to an excel file in my local Machine.

I want to achieve this functionality from Command Prompt. Kindly help me out if there is any solution.

--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by gautham lg.
Hi  I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi,

actually you can do it trough command line but the SQL is preferable if available because cmd line has its limitations

cmd line scenario:
1. you need to have Blue Prism session id (might be get in the process calculation with standard Blue Prism GetSessionId() ) and saved for later usage of getting session log
2. run automatec with <..commection/login...>   /getlog "session ID from 1st stage" > c:\temp\exported_log.csv
3. get that csv read into excel

limitations that I know (might be wrong here as not used this feature extensively):
- only standard fields in log (Date, Stage ID, Stage Name, Parameters)
- no parameters if they are not explicit (if they have a "View" expansion in log)

------------------------------
Mindaugas Breskus
Software engineer
Swedbank
Europe/Vilnius

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi there,

You can not export a session log via the command line, but you can use the SQL database to get information about it.

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Sydney NSW

PankajNaik
Level 3
Hi,

You can explore Data Gateway feature in BP , but it is available after 6.5 version . Using this you can export session log anywhere out side blue prism. Once you get outside then you can play with that file according to your need.

Pankaj Naik

Hi,

actually you can do it trough command line but the SQL is preferable if available because cmd line has its limitations

cmd line scenario:
1. you need to have Blue Prism session id (might be get in the process calculation with standard Blue Prism GetSessionId() ) and saved for later usage of getting session log
2. run automatec with <..commection/login...>   /getlog "session ID from 1st stage" > c:\temp\exported_log.csv
3. get that csv read into excel

limitations that I know (might be wrong here as not used this feature extensively):
- only standard fields in log (Date, Stage ID, Stage Name, Parameters)
- no parameters if they are not explicit (if they have a "View" expansion in log)

Mindaugas Breskus
Software engineer
Swedbank
Europe/Vilnius