cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get details from an Email?

NandakumarJadav
Level 4
I am currently trying to get the details of an email from a Sub-Folder/Inbox, using the object: List Mails Within DateTimes Code, I am finding that the code has been written to get only the IDs for the mails . Is there any way we could get the dump of all the emails currently in the mail-box, like From, To, Subject, attachment, etc?
3 REPLIES 3

jonas_friedli
Level 2
Hi jsnkrao, using the VBO, you can do that with the object GetMail. You will receive either the oldest or the newest mail in the inbox. Note that you have to move the mail to a sub folder once you have read it, otherwise you will be stuck on the same mail. Your other option is writing your own code to loop through the mails without moving them. If you want a dump of all mails at once, you'd need to do that.

Thanks for input Friedli.

NandakumarJadav
Level 4
Hi, When I try to save the attachment to an folder - I am getting error Failure in Get Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to save attachment to "C:\Users\njadav\Documents\EmailThere is an small .DOCX file that is attached to the email which I can save manually but it is failing in Blue Prism.