cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get reference to Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll in VBO?

m.kocinger
Level 2
Hi there, I need to do some manipulations in PowerPoint and found that in Blue Prism V.5.0 the spying does not identify enough elements for my tasks. So I would like to write some Code actions in VB. In Visual Studio I would need to: add the Namesspaces Microsoft.Office.Interop and Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint  =>This I do in Initialise Part of my new VBO under Code options get Reference to Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll => Here I have not succeded so far. I always got the message that this dll was not found Can you help me how to do the reference in Blue Prism?  
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Maybe try the full path to the DLL, eg C:\Program Files....Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll

m.kocinger
Level 2
Thank you for hint, although it was not easy to find the path it worked with the following: C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint\15.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c\Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll Also office libray was required (got error messages from Blue Prism telling me to add it) which I found under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\office\15.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c\OFFICE.DLL Probably the reason is that on our clients 2 office versions are installed (2007 and 2010…)   Thanks again!

LucasCelio1
Level 2
Hello m.kocinger I'm trying to do something like this, but with Outlook. I need to enable the ""vote"" option of outlook, but I cant do that... When I refence the DLL ""Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll"" on the ""External Reference"" the BP show a message error about the compiler.. I tried to do it using a ""Global code"" but, I dont know how I refence the DLL... Can you help?   Thanks and Regards...