cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle a warning from a resource in the control room

VincentComella
Level 3
Good afternoon,  I have a process that ran well until reaching a stage where it appears a spied element cannot be found (could have changed since the process was developed a few months ago). There is a warning on the process and it has been stuck on the same stage for almost an hour and the item in the queue has a yellow symbol with a "!"; same as the resource.  What is the best course to take since the process could be almost complete and I don't want it to redo the work it has already done for the accounts up to this point as well as what is the normal best practice to handle warnings in general? Just stopping, fixing the issue, and restarting? Any help would be much appreciated!  Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3

AnkitSharan
Level 3
I am facing the same issue. Can anyone help on this ?

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi You can set an ""Application Timeout"" on an Application Modeler.  Application Timeout This parameter determines how long Blue Prism waits for the target application to respond before throwing an exception. The timeout is applied to all application manager actions in Read, Write and Navigate stages, and can be used to prevent the Blue Prism process from becoming blocked indefinitely if the target application becomes unresponsive.  A timeout value of 0 is interpreted as no timeout. This is the default value.  This parameter only applies if the Application Manager Mode is set to one of the external modes.  Hope this helps.

Ramana_ReddyBee
Level 3
Hello,   especially such a scenario's can be handle by applying proper exception handling, 1) May be you can apply retry attempts for all application exception errors, if could not able to control then you can  throgh alert to control room by ending the process.   2)to not repeat the cases in case of exceptions create bot such  a way using Work Queues and track the status , so that you can restart either manually or bot by checking the status.