cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate batch file with application modular?

hemant_chawla
Level 3
How to integrate batch file with application modular in object studio? We are trying to launch an application through batch file and unable to launch it in application modular.
3 REPLIES 3

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Hemant, Previously when I've worked with a batch file I never launched it from the Application Modeller. I can't remember the reason why. However method below: Key stroke 'Windows Key+R' (or just windows key if WIN7+) and send the path to the batch file via keystroke 'CTRL+V' You should then be able to just attach to an 'already running' application. Tom. (thinking about it, It was probably over a citrix session, so I was forced run launch batch file in such a method)

jgreaves2
Level 4
Hi Hermant, There is another option if you are looking to run an independent .bat file. Within any process you can call a Business Object (B.O.) by the name of: Utility Environment; "Start Process" You can use this B.O. to run any .bat file if you use the following inputs: - Application: C:\Test Folder\Test\NAME OF BAT FILE"".bat -Arguments: C:\Test Folder\Test\"NAME OF BAT FILE"".bat If you replace the drive & folder names you should be able to get the .bat file to work. We use ours as a way of setting a default printer when starting any of our processes. James

hemant_chawla
Level 3
Thanks a lot James!! It worked out.