cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep a bot from locking screen when running a process

kevin_b_hall
Level 3
For processes that take awhile to run what is the standard method to keep a session from locking the screen? Is there a built-in function to keep the screen active or would we have to periodically have a global send key action to prevent the lock?
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Kevin, well, you answered one option - using global click with mouse would be one way but more standard way or convenient for developers is to get an exception in security requirements and disable automatic screen locking in group policy for this specific account/computer. Z.

AnastasiosKrap1
Level 3
Blue Prism indicates that you should configure the environment with Lock-Screen disabled. See here: https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/how-to-configure-a-runtime-reso…

PhillipDickinso
Level 2
Kevin, Let me know what you decide to do. Have the same exact problem and this very large client is unwilling to change their global security AD rules. Funny part is I have a support email from a BP developer claiming that this problem (screensaver is so rare that he has never had to code a work around).

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It's possible to attach to explorer.exe and spy elements of the Windows desktop. Such an object could, for example, be used to periodically press the Windows start button to keep a screen lock away. It's a nasty solution, but it works if you have no other choice. I would only recommend it for the short term however, getting the screen saver disabled is by far the better option. Phillip - sounds like your client has not yet fully bought into the concept of Digital Workforce, where new non-human rules apply. Keep working on them!!