cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put some pause between logout and login with Login Agent on the Scheduler?

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
I want to run some processes on a single runtime resource. Some processes are executed by the Account a and then others by the Account b. So, I configure the tasks, say, (1)the Account a logs in , (2)execute some processes, and (3)the Account a logs out . Now, the runtime resource gets disconnected for a moment and then re-connected by Login Agent. I want to let (4)the Account b log in after (3)the Account b logs out. When the Account b login task is set after the Account a logout task "completes", it says "ERROR: Invalid Login State : The machine must be logged out to accept a login request". I guess I need to put some pause between logout and login to wait for the machine to get logged out and re-connected. How can I do this?
12 REPLIES 12

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Self solved. I can use Login Agent's ""Lock Screen"" Action to stick to the Windows even after logging out. And put a wait stage before starting logging in. Hope it helps.

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
Hi tjunicho, Can you share some more details of the solution? Could you also tell me how you execute the whole process (Log in, business process, log out)? Do you use one schedule and several tasks or several schedules, or maybe one schedule, one task and several scheduled sessions? I started to play with similar scenario and after logging in the next task gets stuck in the pending state. Cheers, Tomek A.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi TomekA You can execute the whole process as one schedule and a few tasks. First, set Log in, business process, and Log out as the first, second, and third task in a single schedule respectively. Second, in the first task, select business process task out of ""On Complete"" list. Select Abort or whatever you need out of ""On Exception"" list likewise. Likewise, in the second task, select Log out task out of ""On Complete"" list. Select Abort or whatever you need out of ""On Exception"" list likewise. That's it. About the previous Log out task and the coming Log in task, there's not obvious solution because you don't know when a Log out acion is completed. One solution is you put enough time between the previous Log out task and the coming Log in task (i.e. between two schedules).. Another one is the process is comprised of four tasks: Log in, business process, Lock Screen, and Log out. This one is experimental, but it worked for me. BTW, do you mind deleting your post at https://portal.blueprism.com/how-avoid-fragmentation-when-archiving-ses… ...? Hope this helps.

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
Interesting... In my case after Log in task the business process gets stuck in pending state... I talked to my mentor and got information that it should be separated process... I do not mind deleting the other post, you can do it 🙂

Hi. I have similar problem. i have in the same schedule to Login, then Business Process and Logout. But the login process is set as completed before the resource pc starts, and the business process starts immediatly after the login process is completed. Because the resource pc is still not fully started, the process terminates. What am I doing wrong?

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm running into the same thing.

ryanamiller
Level 5
We have been setting up 2 schedules for each Process we want to run. First a ""Login"" schedule that has one task to run the Login Agent Process on the Resource Machine. We then have a second ""Main"" schedule that runs~5 minutes after the ""Login"" schedule. This schedules includes one or many tasks for the Process/Processes we want to run. The ""Main"" schedule also includes a Logout task at the end to log out of the Resource Machine. This seems to be working so far, but it creates a lot of schedules which can get a bit unwieldy when in the Control tab. I'm hoping at some point Blue Prism adds some sort of grouping.

Thanks Ryanamiller! That's what I ended up doing and it's working, but it seems like they should add a ""Login Agent - Wait"" process that pauses the schedule from continuing until the resource PC is brought back online.

ryanamiller
Level 5
agreed, having the ability to include a specified wait as a Task within a Schedule would be great to account for the transition between Login Agent Process and Automate.exe kicking off on the Resource Machine