cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to quickly select the drop downs Eg: for 1000 Clients name which is the best way suggested in Blue prism

JOHNSAMUEL
Level 2
How to quickly select the drop downs Eg: for 1000 Clients name which is the best way suggested in Blue prism Eg: 1000 of Clients Drop Down it should select which is the correct way to select in the Blue Prism
8 REPLIES 8

DaveMorris
Level 14
I believe the easiest and quickest way is to use a Navigate stage using the action (inside the stage) called 'Select Item'. This will not work with some apps, but I'd say it's the optimal way if possible. Another fast way is using a Write stage to directly write the value into the dropdown selection, but this also may not work, depending on the app/element you're writing to.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

XianglingLiu
Level 3
I tried to use a Navigate stage using the action 'Selected Item' to pass a text value, but the dropdown will only navigate to that value I passed, not highlight that value or click that value. How should I do to click that value?  

DaveMorris
Level 14
Could you attach a screenshot of the dropdown you're trying to work with? The 'Select Item' action normally selects a value from a drop down, which does not usually require clicking at all, but it just depends on the app.

XianglingLiu
Level 3
Thanks for your reply, David. Attached the screenshots.

XianglingLiu
Level 3
Seems only one file is allowed for one post. I will attach the navigate stage screenshot.

DaveMorris
Level 14
Looks like you have the input configured right. So, the only thing I can see that might be off is the element that you're spying should be the dropdown box not expanded. The Select Item action should be able to choose Chongqing without actually making the list drop down. In the attached screenshot, I highlighted the portion that I mean. This doesn't always work of course. If it doesn't, I would try writing the characters into the box directly using a Write Stage.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
As David said, a write stage would probably work. That, or surface automating with AA and Send Global Key Events. If the filter absolutely has to be done in Excel (which it looks like you're using), you should also be able to select a list element as AA and use a dynamic input to specify which label it should use. From there, you could do a focus/click. However, if you only care about the filtering for your own internal code and you aren't having to ship that file back, you should also be able to read all data to a collection then filter down by column for a specific value.

XianglingLiu
Level 3
Thank you all. I implemented the function using dynamic input for focus/click.