cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the color coded elements in the table on a web browser?

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Hi all-   I am creating a vbo to read elements from a web browser and then want to make use of this data to implement a business logic. I basically want to read a table that has data in different columns among which first column is a just a color indicator which is basically is on/off indicator. I have used the read stage to read that element and I have selected Get table option from dropdown available under Data column in the read stage.I am able to import this to a collection in the process studio but the color indicator column is just shown as blank for all the values. Any quick suggestion of what should be done in this case to import the content as it is? There are different options available in read stage of object studio like, Get HTML, Get HTML Attribute etc.. but not sure which one to use..   Thanks in advance,   Chaitanya.
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I don't think color is an attribute shown in the Application Modeller list - check, if it is not there then Get HTML Attribute is not going to be able to bring it back.  Get HTML, if it returns the table, could be useful as it will return the entire HTML block.  It would then be for you to do a lot of string parsing logic for you to extract the table with color. If Color is not in the HTML or AA modes attributes then the only way for you to get the color of the element would be to use Surface Automation - there are exercises in the training about getting the color.  The AA mode has a focus navigate action that will bring elements onto screen for you to then use Surface Automation on for color.

RajatSharma
Level 3
Chaitanya91 , I have faced a similar issue while identifying different color in a html table ,but Using get HTML data i find out that their was different class names for different colors and that's how i could easily differentiate them .

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Rajatsharma,   class names field is empty and in none of the modes I am able to see the differentiated attributes. Also my problem is how can I read the entire table that has this column also at run time as this table keep changing and hence the values of the agent status in the table also will get changed.I have attached the data in the table at run time.  

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Hi Denis- Actually I could see the image is referred by some source image when I read the whole content into the Data 'Get HTML' but this has almost 30k lines of html code which is quite difficult to convert. Any help you can offer? I am attaching the source content