cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update latest version of Blueprism in system

VaidyaVishodhan
Level 2
I am currently working on version 5 of BP. How can i update it to latest version without effecting my database?

------------------------------
Vaidya Vishodhan
4 REPLIES 4

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Vaidya.

You cannot update v5 to v6.10.1 or v7 without changing your database.

Ideally, you would set up another environment and install the new version. Then you can create releases from your v5 processes and import them into the new environment.

I'm working with a client now and we are going through essentially the same process.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Yes before moving to the new version always prepare a whole package master release which include all of your process, object, credentials, scheduler, API,workqueue, calendar, tiles, etc everything available under the release option.
If something highly critical then you can take backup in form of XML files.
All this you can import later to your new BP version.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Vaidya,

To add to the helpful comments from Jack and Tejaskumar, we also offer the following resources on our Knowledge Base regarding best-practices surrounding an upgrade of Blue Prism:

What are the key considerations when upgrading to Blue Prism version 6 or later from earlier versions?

In addition, most other considerations and concerns are addressed in the Release Notes for the version to which you are upgrading.

Steve Boggs
Senior Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Hi Vaidya,

If you'd like to upgrade it to later than version 6.6, you need to upgrade it to v.6.5 first and then upgrade it to the later version.
So, you need to be prepared for it.

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture
Asia/Tokyo