cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Login Agent

Hello ppl! 

This post is only to see different points of view and what you recomend using Login Agent.

We are using the Login and Logout through the scheduler in a simply secuence "Login" On Complete -> "Process"  on complete -> "Logout" On Complete ->Stop.

What I said above is what I think are good practices using login agent (perhaps Im wrong)... so we are in a client that is telling us to put the Logic Login/Logout inside the process flow and also the bot has to be capable to restart himself when it reach an X number of operation and then continue with the process. But is this even possible? I created a process test, but as I thought, it failed throwing this error.

[2019-11-20 16:18:36Z] Listener failed : Unable to start listener - is this machine already running as a Resource PC? : Sólo se permite un uso de cada dirección de socket (protocolo/dirección de red/puerto)​
12304.png

The process consist in a process stage calling the login, then a Sleep (simulating the post completion delay that scheduler has) and then send mail, but as I said, it failed.

As far as I know the runtime resource is down when the machine is logged out, when the login is completed and the session had started, the runtime resource start (if was programmed as an automatic task). in this point is where the resource is capable of receiving work

Is possible for a process to restart himself changing between login agent and runtime resource?, If so, what am I doing wrong?

Regards community, 

------------------------------
Daniel Sanhueza
Analyst
Deloitte
America/Santiago
Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte
1 REPLY 1

JerinJose
Level 10
​Implementing Login step inside the main process is the worst possible scenario as there will be a momentary disconnect of RR from server when BP switches the listener from login agent to runtime resource . even if you have a sleep stage after login, process will fail to continue.

best scenario: create a schedule with 3 tasks

1)Login >on complete (configure a post completion delay of 1- 2 minutes in scheduler configuration)
2)main process>on complete
3)Logout

ensure that you uncheck fail fast on any errors on the task configuration since this setting will make exception in one of the task result in termination of subsequent tasks

have a script to start a public RR on startup
if the switching is not happening from login agent to RR check the login agent version. is it same as that of the Blue prism version? (applicable to BP version >5.0.30)

how ever what I would recommend is not go with Login and logout after every process execution, rather unlock the system and continue with process let the system automatically lock after 1 hour of inactivity. a check can be implemented at beginning of main page and all subpages to check the status of VM if its locked or not.Based on that unlock and continue.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata