cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to highlight any elements(nor use) once they are inspected. google chrome 7.2 or higher.

Juan_PabloMoren
Level 2
I'm having an issue with the latest updates on google chrome. It worked fine with google chrome update 7.1 or lower but since 7.2 update i'm not abble to find or highlight any elements once they are inspected. I have no problem Spying them, it gives me every attributte, but when i need to use it, they cant be found. Blueprism says: "No Web elements match". Google chrome update: 72.0.3626.97 Blueprism version: 6.4.1.9862 Hope anyone could help. And thanks in advance for the support. Regards
11 REPLIES 11

AndreaFrauchige
Level 3
I have the same issue and a pending ticket. Same with Firefox btw.

MichaelSimpson
Level 3
I am facing the same issue as well, Blue Prism is able to spy HTML elements in Chrome, but unable to find or highlight them. Google chrome update: 72.0.3626.96 Blue Prism version: 6.3.0.6190 Blue Prism Chrome Extension Version: 1.0.5.0  

MarcusGarberg
Level 2
Same issue with a client, but everything seems fine locally on my computer with the same versions of Chrome and BP. Could it be a computer setting? Google chrome update: 72.0.3626.96  Blue Prism version: 6.4.1.9862 Blue Prism Chrome Extension Version: 1.0.5.0

CarlosPires
Level 3
BP support answered me a ticket about same issue.  This was their answer: I would like to inform you that our development team is already aware of this issue and I have some next steps for you to test. The root cause of the issue has to do with the Chrome 72 update, which has broken the BP Chrome Extension for some customers. Our investigation is on-going, but there is a workaround available. You'll need to downgrade Chrome to version 71.   We believe this affects some customers after updating to version 72 of Chrome. Installing version 71 should fix this issue. Using the offline installer from here to install Chrome 71:   We are still trying to determine why version 72 of Chrome stops our extension functioning for some customers but not others.

MichaelSimpson
Level 3
I was also directed to rollback to 71, but given the nature of our environment, that isn't something we can do, nor do we wish to risk downloading an offline installer from a third party site. What we tried instead was rolling forward, we installed the beta version of Chrome 73, and it appears to work without issue. https://www.google.com/chrome/beta/

MarcusGarberg
Level 2
Rolling forward to Chrome 73 beta did not solve anything for us.

When in chrome, navigate to flags (type: chrome://flags in search bar) Search for Enable network service flag and Disable it.

SebastianBahri
Level 2
@pwisniewski Thanks, your suggestion works with Chrome 72. First tried downgrading Chrome to 71, but couldn't disable Chrome from auto updating itself so this fix is great for now, until BP gets this fixed in upcoming updates. Was hoping for more proactive support&feedback from BP on this issue. Really appreciate the help from the users here.

RoarNilsen
Level 3
@pwisniewski solution worked with Chrome 72. Thanks