cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to attach the document by using the given API

Subhash_
Level 2

In SOAP i am getting the below functionality to attach the document to the case, but  not getting the anything in BP how to use this functionality.

19590.png

------------------------------
Subhash .
5 REPLIES 5

Hi

To use SOAP actions you need to either set this up using BPs native SOAP web service by providing the WSDL URL or you can set up the web service yourself by creating the web service actions. Alternatively you can use the HTTP vbo to send in the XML to the API. I've attached the web APIs guide which should provide some helpful info on this for you.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London

Thanks Michael For your response. I am using the HTTP VBO to call this API but in this requirement i have to send the file placed in the my local to API and in SOAP we can manually attach the document and give the my define CID but dont know how to pass the Document in BP.

Subhash .

Hi @ewilson ,

We have a requirement where we need to call a SOAP service using Blue Prism, for the usual actions we are able to use the HTTP - VBO and make calls to it, however just wanted to know whether it will be possible to call the endpoint and attach files like mentioned above in SOAP using HTTP - VBO or any other method provided by BP, SOAP UI step:

19580.png

Manish Rawat
Project Manager
Mercer
New Delhi

Hello @Manish Rawat

Yes, you should be able to do this with the Utility - HTTP VBO. Ultimately, SOAP calls are nothing more than HTTP GETs/POSTs with a SOAP envelope as the body. You just need to figure out the proper format of the SOAP envelope for the API you're trying to call. You can typically see this if you use Fiddler to capture the request.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson ,

Thanks for your quick response like always 🙂

Manish Rawat
Project Manager
Mercer