cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used "Break on exception" feature once and now I cannot cancel it. What do I do?

TomasRehak
Level 3
There is this feature in debug mode called "Break on exception" which stops the process on exception stage. I clicked on it once and now I don't need this and want to run my process in debug "smoothly". But I don't know how to cancel it! What should I do?
4 REPLIES 4

ConradoMeli
Level 5
Hi,

I might be wrong about this, but.....

First, to disable it, just click again on the feature and make sure that there is no "ticket".

Now, when you are in debug mode and runing on the "main" page of your method, then it always stop at exceptions. This is because it is the end of the flow, UNLESS you have a "recover/resume" to continue.

I think that what this feature does if its enabled, is to stop on Exception in sub pages (when you call a page from other page).

Regards,

TomasRehak
Level 3
@ConradoMeli - That is something I tried at first, but it keeps breaking on recover stage (even though there is a link to next stage and then resume stage and some other stages after that).
Example: I run the process in debug mode from Main Page using Step Out​. An Exception appears in Sub Page (AA) of another Sub Page (A). The Exception bubbles up to Sub Page (A) where it is caught by Recover stage and the process stops here. Although it should go on to few next stages and then throw the exception to Main Page (I put there the re-throw). This system works smoothly in other processes but not here because I once clicked on Break on exception and now I cannot turn it off.

ConradoMeli
Level 5
Hi Tomas,

Ok, i know what the problem is .... you are using the "step out" button. Try using the "step over", it should work fine.
I dont remember exactly the difference, but i think this is part of the behavior expected for the "step out".

I did some testing and it worked.

Regards,

EmersonF
MVP
I've already faced this problem, you can follow what the conrado said, but if it doesn't work for you, refrash, close and open the process works perfectly
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil