cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDEA - Change Encryption method to other encryptions than Triple DES and AES 256 (Upload your own Encryption method)

Simon_AndrePede
Level 4
Hi, As i'm now entering the Chinese Market with Blue Prism, i'm getting request from my clients if Blue Prism support their Chinese made encryption method. We are all aware that only the Tripe DES and AES 256 is available to use as Encryption Method, and only Triple DES in the Utility - Encryption VBO. However, at the same time Chinese Markets prefer to use their own methods for most thing. If it is possible to make an upload feature or bind your own method to Blue Prism, there might be other countries / clients wanting to choice their already inhouse encryption method. This Idea would also give Blue Prism another feature that No other RPA tool offer. I already have one client interested in obtaining Blue Prism, but they would prefer that they can use their own encryption method. I have several other client that is already on Blue Prism, which have accepted to use the AES 256, but if this is put on the roadmap I would initiate if they are interested in switching to their preferred method. Any comments or further enhancements to the idea, or technical challenges lets discuss it.
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Simon - it's not possible at present, but maybe you could raise the issue with you BP representative and possible submit an enhancement request for our product designers.

Simon_AndrePede
Level 4
Hi John Carter, I already created a ticket, and was advised to place it here by the support team. can you advise on the correct procedure then with the enhancement request?

Simon_AndrePede
Level 4
I found it, I already submitted the IDEA