cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE Object converted to Edge and Chrome using Application Modeller Conversion Tool is not working

SarangSurawar
Level 2

Hi Team, 

IE Object converted to Edge and Chrome using Application Modeller Conversion Tool is not working, I  have followed below steps while converting IE object to Edge and Chrome.
Steps-

1. Start Blue Prism Application Modeller Conversion Tool
  2. Load "Application Manager Operations.html" file using Browse button.
  3. Load "ConversionRules_IE-ChromeEdgeFirefox_6.9.x" conversion rule file.
  4. Browse and selected IE object which we have convert.
  5. converted file path is displayed. 
  6. Click on convert Button
  7. Pop-up is displayed to provide Edge/ Chrome path, Added corresponding browser path and click ok. 
  8. After importing newly created object and check element but its not working/highlighting
PFA Application Manager Operations.html and ConversionRules_IE-ChromeEdgeFirefox_6.9.x file which is used while converting IE object.
Please assign this on high priority. 

Thanks
Sarang

------------------------------
Sarang Surawar
RPA tester
IBM
Asia/Kolkata
10 REPLIES 10

mkumar407
Level 7
hi Sarang,

Did you verified browser extension to Edge and Chrome?
Also, take not AMC tool is not always a one-to-one mapping of elements, attributes and associated actions and consequently you will need to provide manual fixes where these occur.

27049.png

Above will help you to review and adjust accordingly.

Manish Kumar

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Sarang,

There is no guarantee the conversion would always work for you, this is especially true for elements that are converted from IE. The tool uses the attributes selected for an IE element and attempts to convert them to the equivalent of element in modern browser mode. The reason for this is documented in the GitHub site, under the section Factors that May Impact the Conversion Outcome. I would advise you read through the collateral before using the tool. There is also a blog video you may watch. An example can be found in the video on a converted elements not working after conversion. 

When you have a converted element not working, my advice is to not dwell on it, just spy the element again using modern browser mode.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

hi Manish,

Yes, we are using correct extension for Edge and chrome, We are using Blueprism V6.10.2 so i have installed Browser extension 6.10.2 in Edge and Chrome.
Both option shown in screenshot is already set. 
In our case after object conversion its not identifying any element.

Thanks
Sarang

Sarang Surawar
RPA tester
IBM
Asia/Kolkata

gmarquez
Level 6
Hi Sarang,

Can I suggest you go and download the latest version of the conversion tool here: https://github.com/blue-prism/ApplicationModellerConversion

Also, make sure you get the latest conversion rules from the site. Since you are running 6.10.2, you will need the ConversionRules_IE-ChromeEdgeFirefox_6.10.1.xml instead of the current 6.9 ones you have. 

Gabe Marquez
Sr. Technical Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hello,
I'm having the same issues.  The converter was working with version 1.3.0 before and now it stopped working.  Since I saw this message a few days ago in the community I downloaded the new version and ensured I was using the conversion file for 6.10.1 (We have BP in 6.10.1) and we have tried the conversion several times and the object is not converted (it doesn't even assign the new path for Edge instead of IE).  Any other suggestions?

Lourdes Urena
Sr Solutions Engineering
Grainger Panama Services
Panama
Lourdes Urena Sr Solutions Engineering Grainger Panama Services Panama

Hi Lourdes,

Did you update the entire application to 1.3.1, including the conversion rules file and the BPAMConversionToolPlugin.dll? I am not suggesting this can be the issue but at least you do not need to worry about potentialy having incompatible files from different versions mixed.

Also, are you able to share the CSV report file post conversion? It is not easy to work out what has happened at your end, and the report can help somewhat. But I completely understand if you are not willing to do so due to security concerns.

FYI that I have just run 1.3.1 on my local environment and I cannot see anything wrong with it. As a minimum, IE path is replaced with Chrome in Application Modeller if that helps.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,

I did update everything to version 1.3.1.  After running it states it has converted the object, but it is not creating the CSV file at all.

Lourdes Urena  | Sr. Solutions Engineering (RPA) | W.W. Grainger, Inc.

Ph: 224-724-5080| lourdes.urena@grainger.com |www.grainger.com

Hi Lourdes,

You must click the 'Download Report' button to the right of the 'Convert' button post conversion to generate a report. It is not done for you automatically. For details, please refer to page 11 of the user guide that comes with the tool.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,
I'm not acquainted with the error the CSV report is showing.  Can you please help? It is attached.

Lourdes Urena
Sr Solutions Engineering
Grainger Panama Services
Panama