cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE Object converted to Edge and Chrome using Application Modeller Conversion Tool is not working

SarangSurawar
Level 2

Hi Team, 

IE Object converted to Edge and Chrome using Application Modeller Conversion Tool is not working, I  have followed below steps while converting IE object to Edge and Chrome.
Steps-

1. Start Blue Prism Application Modeller Conversion Tool
  2. Load "Application Manager Operations.html" file using Browse button.
  3. Load "ConversionRules_IE-ChromeEdgeFirefox_6.9.x" conversion rule file.
  4. Browse and selected IE object which we have convert.
  5. converted file path is displayed. 
  6. Click on convert Button
  7. Pop-up is displayed to provide Edge/ Chrome path, Added corresponding browser path and click ok. 
  8. After importing newly created object and check element but its not working/highlighting
PFA Application Manager Operations.html and ConversionRules_IE-ChromeEdgeFirefox_6.9.x file which is used while converting IE object.
Please assign this on high priority. 

Thanks
Sarang

------------------------------
Sarang Surawar
RPA tester
IBM
Asia/Kolkata
10 REPLIES 10

Hi Lourdes,

The reason for non-conversion in this case was quite simple, your object was not an IE object, but a Win32 object. In such a case, the Application Modeller Conversion Tool would skip such objects. This mechanism is in place to prevent accidentally converting objects not designed for purpose. 

Just out of curiosity, do you actually have IE elements in this Win32 object? One possible reason I can think of is to enable AA spied elements. I am aware some customers have changed their objects to Win32 so they can still work with AA elements present in a browser, otherwise are not useable in modern browser mode. In such a case, you may wish to change the object to IE before running the conversion. Once it is done, you can then manually change it back to use Win32 mode.

Hope this helps.​

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney