cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas to Improve object versioning (history)

mikolaj_mackowi
Level 3
Hi Guys, Here some ideas from my side: During process development I often miss a way of checking, from within opened Business Object / Process, what was changed during current editing session. It would really help to have ability to use compare tool for current (unsaved) version against the saved one. Second thing, that would really improve change tracing would be that BluePrism could save a history of changes made when exporting/importing a release. Right now, history is wiped when i.e. moving to a different connection. Another thing related with history tracking €“ It would be good, if developer could search object history, for modifications of particular stage, i.e. to see, which user introduced particular change (something like git blame tool) Third issue that I found quite strange, is that when saving object or process, after clicking €œverify€, save dialog disappears, discarding text that I€™ve entered. This can encourage developers not to put lot's of details into history log. Maybe a solution would be to keep entered change description text until save is either done or discarded.
1 REPLY 1

GleydsonFerreir
Level 3
In my organization we have something called ""code review"" and we need to document that it was performed as it has become a control inside the company for safety measures. The way we chose to document is via a digitally signed e-mail for segregation of duties and application of 4-eyes principle. Although it would be really good to have a ""right-click > approve version > *authentication pop-up*"" and have one of those signatures ribbons next to the approved version of the code identified by the user. Commenting on the versioning topic because it is kind of a version control.