cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Element of a Win10 Calculator

Hi everyone, im doing the "v5 Introduction to Surface Automation" course, but im stuck in the begining, what it supose to be easy its making me struggling. When i give the path of the calc.exe to my Application Modeler everythings is fine, until i try to Spy an Element of the calc. Everytime that I click on "Launch" the application is launched, but it doesnt let me to identify any element, instead, the "Launch" button comes over and over when i click on it. I tried to attach it with a logic, and with the Application Modeler itself, but nothing work. Do you know how to fix it? or its just a bug of version. Thanks and sorry for my english 😛 
Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte
1 REPLY 1

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi dsanhuezai You have to 1) use ""Utility - Environment"" BO's Action ""Start Process"" and take input """"C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe"""". 2) In your application modeller, you have to set the type to ""My application will already be running - I want to attach to an existing instance"". Enter the window title in your native language, enter ""Calculator"" as windows processs name, and give the path as well ""C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe"". 3) Connect your Start process action to a navigate stage, which attaches to your application, set in the application modeller for your object. Of course with the Windows title (in your native language) and process name ""Calculator"". 4) After running these two actions you can press into your application modeller and identify, although only with AA (accessibility mode). That should work, good luck. ps. your English is fine :) BR, Mustafa