cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying Enabled Input filed on a GUI

WikusKirsten
Level 2
Good morning,

We're currently reconfiguring one of our automations that utilized Internet explorer (IE) to Edge.

Previously on IE, using the HTML spy mode, there is a attribute available that indicates if the input filed is enabled or not. This allowed us to click on a hyperlink within our web app, to identify a specific erroneous row that had to be deleted by extracting the path of the enabled  row.

25530.png

(When clicking on the go to error link, the GUI will enable the specific row that contains the error)
25531.png

Moving to Edge, I cannot find a similar attribute to utilize. Using the UI spy mode, I see a "enabled" attribute , but I don't see a way of tying that back to the path attribute that is only obtainable when spying using the "browser" spy mode. The path attribute is required to identify the row.
Browser mode
25532.png

UI Mode
25533.png
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
Wikus Kirsten
1 REPLY 1

Hi @WikusKirsten,

For Browser mode, as far as I know Enabled attribute is not available as it was available with IE mode. But using XPaths, you still can have expressions like:

'//input[not(@disabled)]' or '//input[@disabled]'

Instead of input, you can supply the also supply any other tag name which is associated with the element that you are trying to read. If you want to let say read elements which are not disabled then the first example would work and if you want to read elements which are disabled then the second example would work.

Also, on more way to read element values can be to get the source HTML of your web page by using read stage on your entire web page and use 'Get HTML' action:

25525.png
From here, you can try to parse the HTML using XML business object and get the desired node value as you want. If it is a collection then you need to loop through and add logic to determine the valid values from the parsed HTML string and insert the appropriate values in your collection.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com