cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying Enabled Input filed on a GUI

WikusKirsten
Level 2
Hi All,

In the process of migrating an automation from Internet explorer to Microsoft edge.
We are interacting with a web based application, where we identify and extract information of erroneous row. The GUI provides a hyperlink, that when clicked takes you the specific row that is in error.(attachment 0)

Using IE previously, with the HTML spy mode, there was an "Enabled" attribute available. We used this attribute, to determine which row contains the error and the using the "Path" attribute dynamically, extracted the info we required.(attachment 1)

Working with Edge, I've played with some of the spying modes but cannot find a solution to mimic what was done previously. When using the 'Browser" mode, we are able to get the path of a specific Input cell.  However, I can't find a attribute that shows me if the cell I'm on is enabled or not.(attachment 2)

Using the UI spying, I'm able to identify if the cell is enabled, but cannot get the path to identify the row number with the error. (attachment 3)

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

------------------------------
Wikus Kirsten
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @WikusKirsten,

It seems like you already have opened up a similar thread​ under the same topic to which I also have posted a reply: Blue Prism Product - Blue Prism Community Site

Also, is it possible that we keep it limited to one thread under one topic since it will be easier for everyone to track the same as well?

P.S. This thread is also missing attachments which can't be seen due to some reason

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Apologies, this is a duplicate of the first one. I didn't see the first one uploading. Will try to remove this

Wikus Kirsten