cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency with MS Outlook Email VBO (Extension) - Move Email to Inbox Sub Folder Action

AishaSaeed
Level 3
Hello BP Community, 

I've added a 'Move Email to Inbox Sub Folder' object action to one of my processes. I am using the MS Outlook Email VBO (Extension) for this. The current version of Blue Prism that I am working with is 6.10.1. I've added this action to the Work Queue page in one of my process workflows whereby it will move the email after marking an item either as complete, as a business exception or a system exception.

I find that the action moves emails successfully to the sub-folder in the virtual worker's inbox correctly when it marks the item as either complete or as a business exception. However, I have noticed a pattern where it doesn't move the email to the sub-folder when it marks the case as a system exception.

I'm not sure what could be causing the issue as I have set up the action properties the same way for the other queue actions (Inputs include the Email ID and the name of the sub-folder). 

I'd be grateful for any advice you might have about how I can resolve this issue 🙂
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Aisha - the VBO 'MS Outlook Email VBO (Extension) ' sounds like an unofficial version on the official original VBO, so you probably want to check with the author of the extension VBO that it is fit for purpose.

Assuming that it is, then I guess it's a case of looking for any difference in the handling of SEs versus BEs and completed cases. In other words, is there any way an SE could be avoiding the Move Mail steps? Or could there be something missing that prevents the Move mail from succeeding, eg the mail ID?

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Aisha - the VBO 'MS Outlook Email VBO (Extension) ' sounds like an unofficial version on the official original VBO, so you probably want to check with the author of the extension VBO that it is fit for purpose.

Assuming that it is, then I guess it's a case of looking for any difference in the handling of SEs versus BEs and completed cases. In other words, is there any way an SE could be avoiding the Move Mail steps? Or could there be something missing that prevents the Move mail from succeeding, eg the mail ID?