cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in processing time - Web Automation

maneesh.vemula1
Level 5
Hi All - We're currently working on web automation project where the web page is Chrome based and all the elements have been spied in Browser Mode. While running the automation from the control room, we've observed that the processing time for the first item in the queue is normal, but when the second item is picked up from the queue - the processing time is more than doubled. Ex: If the first item takes 2 minutes to process, the second and the rest of the items are taking more than 5 minutes. We can clearly observe that it takes significantly more time for the elements to be recognized by the bots. Have you ever observed such behavior? Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Maneesh,

Do you by any chance work in an offline/managed environment? I ask because there was recently an issue reported with Blue Prism 6.10.5 and the browser extensions provided for use with that version where page growth within the extension was causing performance degradation for web automations.

We addressed this issue in an update to the 6.10.4 and 6.10.5 browser extensions (which are the MV2 and MV3 options used in this version respectively), but obviously if you're working in an offline environment this might not have been automatically downloaded for you?

Apologies if this isn't related to 6.10.5, but as you didn't mention this in your question this seemed the most relevant issue I could think of,

Regards,
Rob

Robert Nicklin Product Manager Blue Prism Warrington, England

maneesh.vemula1
Level 5
Hi @robert.nicklin - Thanks for the reply. We are currently on V6.9 so not sure if the issue you mentioned is relevant.​

Hi @maneesh.vemula1

If you're on 6.9 then the issue I mentioned previously will not apply - apologies for the confusion. I would recommend raising a ticket with support (if you haven't already) to investigate this as I wouldn't normally expect to see such a severe spike in process run time.

Regards,

Rob

Robert Nicklin Product Manager Blue Prism Warrington, England