cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Column in Excel Worksheet using Blue Prism

Using Blue Prism on an Excel Worksheet how can I insert a new column before an existing column containing a known title/name, without knowing that columns location in the Worksheet?

Example: In an Excel Worksheet containing a range of A1:Z15 (i.e. a dataset of 15 rows in 26 columns, or from column A, row 1 to column Z, row 15) insert a column before the one named 'Percentage'. You will not know the index of the column.

--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by kishore kumar R.
Hi  I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello Kishore,

I haven't done this myself, but I imagine you could cycle through the cells using the actions Get Active Cell Value and Go To Next Cell from the MS Excel VBO - Enhanced. Then you would check the value of the cell until you find the one with the header name you're interested in. Once you have that you know what column it is, so you can then use the Insert Column(s) action to insert the new column.

Cheers,

------------------------------
Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Dear Eric,

I'm trying to achieve the same, but my version of MS Excel VBO doesn't seem to have the "Insert Column" action.

We're on BPv6.4 currently...

Could you mabye send me the latest version of MS Excel VBO or tell me where I could download that?

Many thanks & regards

Astrid

Cheers Astrid
Cheers [FirstName]

@astrid.stollberger the latest version of the base MS Excel VBO is available here:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/ms-excel-blue-prism-utility 

There's also the "Extended" version of the VBO that includes additional features/functionality. That's the one that includes the "Insert Columns" logic. It can be found here:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/ms-excel-vbo---extended

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Dear   @ewilson,

many thanks - I was actually searching the DX for it but didn't find it on the first results page and didn't realize there were more pages...

Thanks a lot!

Cheers Astrid

Cheers [FirstName]