cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interact Condition

Hi,

I am wondering how to build a condition based form on multiple fields/values.

Let's say that I have a drop down and one text fields which is read only and may or may not have a value. I would like to build a following condition - if a user choose option No in combo box and at the same time field 1 value is empty do not show field 2 (it is hidden). If a user choose option No in combo box and at the same time field 1 value is not empty I want to show field 2.

Any tip or trick how to achieve this? ​

Thanks.

Regards,

Zdenek

------------------------------
Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague
2 REPLIES 2

alfred.lau
Staff
Staff

Hi Zdeněk,

I understand that you would like to implement an AND logic in the rule feature, where the state of field2 is a function of the value in combobox1 AND the value of field1.

I have observed that the current release of Interact (v4.3) does not allow for AND logic in the rule feature. The current mechanic of the rule feature is such you can use a rule to make a field/page/element react to a change that the user does to a field.

Given the current mechanic, the closest you can get to what you want is to make Field1 appear as a function of Combobox1, and then make Field2 appear as a function of Field1. The following set of rules can achieve this.

1. Initial state of Field1 is hidden.
  2. Initial state of Field2 is hidden.
  3. If Combobox1 equals No, then Field1 is hidden.
  4. If Combox1 equals Yes, then Field1 is optional.
  5. If Field1 equals '', then Field2 is hidden.
  6. If Field1 does not equal '', then Field2 is optional.

I saw that you have submitted other ideas to the Ideation portal. This is currently way to input suggestions to the product team. So I would recommend to continue inputing ideas, including the idea of being able to implement AND/OR logical operations in the rule feature.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

Alfred Lau

Alfred Lau
Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Alfred Lau Professional Services Consultant Blue Prism

Hi, Alfred,

yes, this would work but if you have the Field1 type of date it is not possible to make such a condition 😉 or if the Field1 is type of number. I will write the enhancement request in ideation portal.

Anyway, thanks for answering this.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague