cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interact communication setup- Interact Management VBO

AntonHosang1
Level 4
We're working on Interact Forms in a BPC sandbox setup, and so we have the use submit data for fields A, B, & C. The BP process will calculate/obtain data for fields D & E.

We would like to get that data back to Interact so the user can see it on their Interact Dashboard (My Requests).
The Interact Management VBO requires a credential setup for most parameters. However we don't seem to have the correct config for this credential. 
30708.png

When attempting to use these actions to send back info to Interact, we get Internal errors saying the server could not be found, etc etc. 

Anyone got any experience with this setup, and I can provide more details etc.
Thanks

------------------------------
Anton Hosang
RPA Developer
Smart Automation Services
Europe/London
3 REPLIES 3

dcternes
Staff
Staff

Hi Anton

It can be a little bit confusing 'cause actually there are two objects related to Interact; one is the Web API which makes all the calls back to Interact and the second is the VBO which calls the Web API. The VBO is the one that you want to be using in your process design.

30691.png
The image on the left is the Web API (Interact Management) and you need to pass in the OAuth2 credentials. The image on the right is the VBO (Utility - Interact API) which handles OAuth2 and other stuff under the covers.

You also need to make sure that the Bearer Token credential is setup with your unique API key. The key is written to a file in the install directory.

30692.png
You can also see that the VBO contains a lot more actions which makes it much easier to use.

30693.png
Also, if you're not already, I'd definitely recommend using Interact V4.1 rather than V4.0 - it makes a big difference.

Cheers

Dan

Dan Ternes
CTO APJ
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

Hello Dan,

I am facing the same issue Anton facing,
getting 400 error when i tried to connect interact from BP through web API using the following URLS
https://interactremoteapi.local
https://authentication.local/connect/token

30695.png
While getting
and i have configured the credentials manager  as following
30696.png
Please suggest what action i should take to get the form details from Interact to Blue prism .

Thank you,
Soubhagya A Mani

Soubhagya Ajitkumar Mani

Hello Soubhagya,

Did you given access rights for interact API credentials ?

You have to update authentication server url in Interact Webservices.

30701.png

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828