cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer SAVE AS button

MáriaBojová
Level 3
Is there any way how to realiably spy SAVE AS window in Internet Explorer while saving a document? Or any ideas how to SAVE something under specific name? I want to avoid renaming the file.   Many thanks Maria
13 REPLIES 13

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Yeah we've previously developed, tested and moved to production and been able to spy and interact with that dialog box in BP 5 but since the 6.3 upgrade the dev logic the issue has cropped up. What's strange is that we have two dev resources and the logic works fine on one but I'm encountering this problem on the second resource. If I follow the steps above I still can't interact with the dialog box so I'm starting to think this might be an issue with the dev resource itself. I'd like to understand what might be causing this however as my worry is that if we upgrade to 6.3 in our live environment then the issue might persist.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hmm I see your concern Paul. So are you saying that the logic can be developed on machine A but not on machine B? Or that even if the logic is developed on machine  A it won't run on B? Or that the logic that ran well in v5 on both machines now won't run in v6 on B? I guess try and find out if there is something different about that machine too, Tabprocgrowth maybe, IE version, OS version?

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Yeah, logic developed in 5, tested in machines A and B and moved into production and has always worked perfectly. The as-is BP v5 logic still works on machine B (now running v6.3)  but doesn't work on machine A (also running v6.3). Additionally I can't re-spy or interact with the dialog box on machine A. I'll take you advice and check for any differences between the dev resources, thanks.

MáriaBojová
Level 3
Many thanks for your answers. I used the option I wanted to avoid - moving file to another folder. It worked somehow with spying SAVE AS but with full speed BP was not able to identify Save AS options.