cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change BP Authentication type to Native from Auth Server without having access to Blue Prism.

Is it possible to change BP Authentication type to Native(username & password) from Auth Server without having access to Blue Prism? While access to DB, AppServer & Hub is present.

Admin users cannot log in to BP from auth server due to the below error and there are no other users.

25655.png
So now without access to BP how can this access be granted and what steps need to be taken.

Hub is accessible but it looks like this has to do with BP Roles and not Hub.

------------------------------
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

AbhishekKumar1
Level 5
Hi Tejas,

The reason is clear when you click on Sign in using Authentication server and when you enter the user name and credential on the webpage it verifies the credential against that Blue Prism Database, and if it fails that means user is not added to the Blue Prism. You need to add that user and roles after that it would be able to authenticate.

Anyway, its possible as a last resort by changing the authentication way from DB.

You need to reset the sign in by using following query, it is not mentioned anyway in BP docs but there is a way- 

UPDATE [DB_NAME].[dbo].[BPASysConfig] SET [authenticationserverurl] = NULL, [enableauthenticationserverauth] = '0' where [authenticationserverurl] = 'YOUR_URL_WITH_HTTPS'

Once you run the query against the DB, you can see native user login page in Blue Prism. 

Abhishek Kumar

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AbhishekKumar1
Level 5
Hi Tejas,

The reason is clear when you click on Sign in using Authentication server and when you enter the user name and credential on the webpage it verifies the credential against that Blue Prism Database, and if it fails that means user is not added to the Blue Prism. You need to add that user and roles after that it would be able to authenticate.

Anyway, its possible as a last resort by changing the authentication way from DB.

You need to reset the sign in by using following query, it is not mentioned anyway in BP docs but there is a way- 

UPDATE [DB_NAME].[dbo].[BPASysConfig] SET [authenticationserverurl] = NULL, [enableauthenticationserverauth] = '0' where [authenticationserverurl] = 'YOUR_URL_WITH_HTTPS'

Once you run the query against the DB, you can see native user login page in Blue Prism. 

Abhishek Kumar

Thanks, Abhishek, this really helped me. I was around this table before but was not sure about the specific values.
Many thanks for help 🙂

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead