cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send the windows logo button as a global send key

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys, I'm using global send key events to interact with a mainframe application, "Attachmate Extra X-treme". Is it possible to use the windows logo button in this way? There are a number of useful shortcuts that use this button.
4 REPLIES 4

Stephen.Jones
Level 5
Control + Escape does open the window start menu , but i don't think it simulates the pressing of the windows key. For example you can lock your computer by using ""WindowsKey""+L , but you cannot lock your PC by using Control+Escape + L. I may be wrong , but i've been trawling through the internet looking for the SendKeys window key and cannot see it.

__
Level 4
There is no way to send the Windows Key directly using the SendKeys method or the Send Global Keys method from BP. You can emulate it using the CTRL + ESC combo but that indeed does not give the same results when an application is listening for a WIN key press. The only way I know to send the WIN key is using a code stage and invoking the WIN32 function SendInput.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I am slightly confused about using the Windows key as part of a mainframe interface. Our mainframe interface uses a hllapi API and the keystrokes available using that interface will match the keystrokes available in the legacy mainframe application - which will not include the Windows key that is related to the OS rather than the mainframe. Has the Windows key been mapped to something within the mainframe such as a certain keystroke/keystrokes or to run a macro built using the mainframe emulator application? If so you should just be able to map to a different key within the emulators key map configuraiton.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Shortcut for keyboard key with Windows logo is: LWin - (Case sensitive) for left one RWin -(Case sensitive) for right one For example to move application on windows desktop to the right side of screen you can send global keys to application like this: ""{LWin}"" This works for robot like this - Press and hold left windows key and then press right arrorw and then release the left windows key. Kind regards, Marcin