cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Launch Application From Control Room

PrateekMehan
Level 6
Hi All, I am launching a windows application and passing some command line parameters to the application, this whole process works fine when i am in debug mode. But as soon as i start the process form the control room, its not able to launch the application. I get an error "Failed to perform Launch on Navigate stage" Any advise/suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks In Advance.
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Processes and objects run much faster in Control Room. Even the fastest Studio speed is artificially slow and often the increased speed of Control Room exposes weaknesses in the process/object design. Usually the root cause is a lack of waits in the object layer - check your synchronisation logic.

PrateekMehan
Level 6
Hi John , Thanks for the revert but have put a long wait until the application launches but it fails at the first step of the process i.e. launching the application. its not bale to launch the application which has command line params ? Any other advice on the above would be appreciated. Thanks.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
OK then it must be the setting in application manager. Look at the properties of the shortcut that a user would use, maybe you need to include the Start In directory in application manager, or maybe there is something wrong (quotes maybe) in the command line params?

vishnu-deepthi_
Level 2
Hi, We are unable to launch web applications(Ex : Amazon) from control room as they are working fine from process & Object Studios. Kindly provide the solution. Thanks In Advance

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Issues running in control room but not in studio indicates either an issue in how you are testing and rolling out your solutions (not testing the solution running at full speed as part of your standard build/config testing methods) or an issue with your virtualised environment (potentially using RDP or/and have a non-persistent resource pc). I recommend reaching out to your mentor/experienced leads to discuss your development methodology and your infastructure.

Thanks Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Denis, Am also facing similar problem. The web application doesn't launch when executed from Control room. But the process completes successfully. Have just added Launch IE in the process to see the behavior. Where as when i add spying to this, it is failing, as the IE was never launched to spy the fields, and it fails this time. Please note, am running this on VM. Will the above answer applies to this also. If not, please suggest if something needs to be done. Thanks, Satya