cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any built in feature or OOB feature available to get real time Work Item Wait Times / Work Queue Lengths in Blue Prism

SrinivasGoripar
Level 3
Hello,

I am looking for some directions on how to get real time queue item wait times or Queue lengths.
The idea is to send a alerts, if the wait time of items reach certain threshold Or queue length exceeds certain pre defined length.

Any suggestions or OOB ideas are appreciated!

Regards,
Srini

Thank you John for quick reply. A couple of follow on questions. Sorry i am editing the question as I do not find how i can reply to the thread.

1. Can this check be done outside of Blue Prism process. For example on a secondary DB Or from a data gateway like that so that we do not want to interfere with runtime bots and not to include this as a process step.

2. Any examples of the solution suggested would be helpful

thanks,
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The work queues VBO has functions that would enable you to do this. Eg you can count the pending items, get the average work time of recently completed items, and estimate the effort required to complete the queue. Added to that, you could combine that with the business SLA and the number of processes currently working the queue in order to predict (and maybe alert) an SLA breach.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The work queues VBO has functions that would enable you to do this. Eg you can count the pending items, get the average work time of recently completed items, and estimate the effort required to complete the queue. Added to that, you could combine that with the business SLA and the number of processes currently working the queue in order to predict (and maybe alert) an SLA breach.