cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to make the mouse to click on the specific location every tine

Miya
Level 5
Hi ,
I have around 1000 camp names in list, iam using BP 6.8 and a web application i have to read through this list and click a specific camp name in the list.

I have to click on the first name on the list every time when i apply page down, the global send keys for page down works but to click on the first name i tried using path but the path varies for each time is there any way to click the first element on the screen since it is tree element i am not able to get this into collection

------------------------------
Miya
1 REPLY 1

diane.sanzone
Level 7
Hi Miya,

Depending on some other factors, I see two possible options for you, but I'm sure there are plenty of others:

1. Use a dynamic element for the path - this one is only possible if you can somehow calculate the path using other data.  There are lots of guides in BP help and training that show you how to use this function if you're not familiar.  I've done this multiple times where I'll do something like click the element that is "Match Index = 1", do something, increment my counter, then click the element that is "Match Index = 2".  I've also done this where I'll read a list of values that includes customer name (which is also a hyperlink), then click the element where the text = [customer name].  You can do lots of really specific things safely using dynamic elements.  It gives you a lot of control and significantly reduces your risk of clicking in the wrong place, but it also requires you to be able to set some logic to it.

2. If you absolutely can't do the dynamic path, you can try clicking X Y Coordinates using a "global mouse click" action and setting the coordinates in the input values.  This one will only work if you're literally clicking the same exact spot on the screen each time. If the thing you're clicking shifts around, it won't work. Also, this is a blind click, so no matter what is on the screen, it's going to click it.  There's a lot of risk here, you need to make sure your dev and resource machines have matching screen sizes and resolution, among other things.  I don't really recommend this, but if you're stuck and there's no other way, it might work.

I should add that I'm on BP 6.4.2 now so it's possible that some of this is different in 6.8, but I don't see these functions being eliminated or changing too much as they're quite useful.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Diane Sanzone