cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Browser - BP identifies multiple layers for same element

BenRPA
Level 4
Hello :) I have had issues with multiple web-based applications when it comes to interacting/writing with their fields/elements. The issue is that I spy a field (username of a login page for example), and Blue Prism seems to identify the field correctly at first. However, when I interact with the field (Write, read, etc...), it seems that it interacts with another layer of the field, and I not the actual field. For example: When I use the write action, it seems to write in the field correctly, but in reality, the field stays empty and the value is written in another field which seems to be overlapping the real field. I have tried using AA, UIA, HTML, changing attributes and elements, but I keep facing the same issue. Any faced and overcame the same issue? Thanks! Ben  
8 REPLIES 8

BenRPA
Level 4
Was able to find a solution: I have to use UIA automation, and use global send keys and sending the input to the spied UIA field. Not ideal, but it still a work-around. Let me know if any of guys found better workaround/solution! Thanks,

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Unless you show html form source at least, there is no way to tell what is going wrong. Either way you can use IE dev tools to find out what actually happens. Sometimes web pages use ajax(XMLHttpRequest), then you have to use sendkeys or trigger js manually to make it work - likely your case. If it is an Electron app or something similar, then there may be some issues, because you have chrome engine you can't control, but I have no experience with automating that kind of apps yet. Same with Flash apps. Surface automation is always there as your last resort.

IshanMahajan
Level 7
Try using match index, in one or two attempt you would be able to write in correct field. Generally in HTML elements are nested one inside another, sometime it becomes difficult for Application Modeler to identify each of them correctly.

BenRPA
Level 4
@ishan: I have tried using match index, but it couldn't go further then 1 match for the same element. @aikudino: What's an electron app? I know the the path of the web-app ends with aspx, so I don't know if that influences the ability of BP to correctly interact with it.

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
I'm also facing the same issue...I posted this on forum as well, but I didn't got any solution. For now, I achieved using global send keys although it is not a stable solution, as we have to activate the application before sending keys or key events. I'm facing lot of problems especially while debugging.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
If it runs in the browser - developer tools is your friend. Look at the source, compare what happens when you fill it manually and with BP. Most likely there is a js, that you need to run from blueprism or use sendkeys (which triggers js, unlike write stage).  It would look like: If you see this onsomething js attributes, you can't just write to that element most of the time, but sometimes clicking it after writing is enough..  

Shruti_AnilNark
Level 4
The match index element number can be checked, also sometimes match reverse index works with correct numbers if the element is nearer to the end of the window. Also one thing, we have more than 50 processes in production which are web-based and nothing works better than HTML mode.

Shruti_AnilNark
Level 4
Also before using global send keys always add focus in the same action.