cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while opening Object

Yeswa_Vaibhav_1
Level 6
Hi All,

I am trying to open an object and it was showing below error message suddenly. Refer screenshot.
29340.png

No other user opened the object, which i am trying to open. 
Let me know whats the issue and how to get that object back to normal.

------------------------------
Yeswa Vaibhav Alwar Nerella
Associate Consultant
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata
17 REPLIES 17

gmarquez
Level 6

Hi Yeswa,

Were you able to get your object to open after closing this error message? Do you have a previous version you can compare and try to restore to see if it doesn't have the error?

Thanks,

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

NicholasRudy
Staff
Staff
My team and I have spent a decent amount of time digging around in the XML of VBOs / Processes, which in the SQL database, actually reside in the same table, which is why, I suspect, the error message is calling a VBO a process.

The error message is stating that the Process named " "  has an invalid character in line 58,068, position 66, which is super deep in the XML.  I would look at a couple of things here.  First, I would look to see if the process name is populated in the XML.  Then, I would pop open Notepad++, open the file you imported, and find out what character is at the above position.  I think these steps will point you in the direction of a resolution.

I would also be curious to know the version of Blue Prism this VBO came from, versus the version it is being imported into...  

If you post the above findings, we can probably get a lot further into this topic. 🙂

Nicholas Rudy
Technical Innovation Manager
Blue Prism
Chicago

Hi Marquez,

Even after clicking Ok button on that error message, i cannot open the object. I am unable to compare error version with previous version to restore previous version. Even then same error occurs.

Associate Consultant
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

​Have you tried changing the Audit-Design Control options in the system Menu to ignore error messages when opening the object ?

Also just copy the object and paste it into Notepad/Notepadd++ and it will parse the object out into XML that you can look at the actual code behind the object.

Stephen Eric Jones
Blue Prism Developer
Swinton Insurance
Europe/London

Hi Nicolas,

My Object is also residing in the process table, so it was referring as process. I have followed the 2 steps:
1. I am able to see the process/object name in xml.
2. I have opened Notepad++ and copied the xml, but it consists of 1494 lines only. But in error message it was showing as Line 58069. Refer screenshot.

29317.png

This VBO is created and using in BP 6.4.2 version and not imported from any other versions.
Let me know how to proceed further.

Associate Consultant
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Stephen,

Yes i have changed Audit-Design Control options and changed error messages to ignore and tried to open object, but still same issue pop's up.
I have copied the xml from Database table and pasted in Notepad++ to check the issue in that line, but there are only 1400 around lines, as it was showing 58064 line as issue. Refer screenshot. 
29321.png
Please suggest any other idea.

Associate Consultant
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

Something is wrong with the screenshot of the XML.  I would suspect that the XML is not the same as the object being imported.  This is going to be hard to troubleshoot blind, but I can tell you with a good deal of confidence that the screenshot above does not show the end of a valid VBO.  This is because the last line is opening a new XML Node "Attribute" that is not closed (doesn't have a matching "</>" tag).  I suspect that somehow you only got part of the file, which aligns with your assessment of not having enough lines.

Nicholas Rudy
Blue Prism
Chicago

Sorry... didn't complete my thought.  The Blue Prism product should not allow you to import a VBO constructed with this kind of fundamental error, so I believe the file you have does not equal the VBO you are experiencing the error on.  I would suggest you do a fresh pull of the VBO via the releases tab to make sure you are looking at the XML of the most recent VBO.

Nicholas Rudy
Blue Prism
Chicago

gmarquez
Level 6
Can you please run the following SQL query to see if it finds the object containing this character in the database and return the results?

SELECT processid, name, description, version, createdate, lastmodifieddate, CHARINDEX(CHAR(0x01), processxml) as position, DATALENGTH(processxml) as XMLLength FROM BPAProcess WHERE CHARINDEX(CHAR(0x01), processxml) > 0​

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism