cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Blue Prism Server - Error 503 Unvailable Server

DominiqueDALLER
Level 5
Hi all,   I have an issue with Blue Prism installation and I would like some advices to solve it. Thank you for your help.   I have two workstations (VM Win 10 64 bits) with Blue Prism 6.0.3.6190 installed, and the BP database on a distinct SQL Server. I have configured each one of these workstations to be also a Blue Prism Server, with WCF SOAP with message encryption and windows authentication.   One of these workstation, no problem, I can configure and use connections directly on the BP database, and also with each application server.   On the other workstation, for an unknown reason, the only connection able to work fine is the direct connection toward the BP database. All other connections provided by the Blue Prism Servers fail, with message like :   "Le service HTTP situé sur http://fqdnxxxx:8199/bpserver n'est pas disponible. Cela peut être dû au fait que le service est trop occupé ou qu'aucun point de terminaison n'était à l'écoute à l'adresse spécifiée. Vérifiez que l'adresse est correcte, puis réessayez d'accéder au service ultérieurement." ==>  System.Net.WebException: Le serveur distant a retourné une erreur : (503) Serveur non disponible. "The HTTP service located on http://fqdnxxxx:8199/bpserver is not available, this may be because the service is too busy or no endpoint is tuned in the specified address, verify that the address is correct, and then try to access the service later." ==>  System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Unavailable server   If I use IP address for the Blue Prism Server locations, the connections fail with other errors, as if the workstations were not in the same AD forest.   To recap: Workstation A : direct connexion OK, connection with server on workstation A OK, connection with server on workstation B OK Workstation B : direct connection OK, connection with server on workstation A KO, connection with server on workstation B KO
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi, so A can connect to B but B cannot connect to A? Maybe it's a firewall issue? Maybe try using the basic .Net Remoting Insecure connection mode first, just to get things going. Then once you know the machines can talk, make adjustments to use another connection mode. FYI you only need 1 application server - all* clients and resource PCs connect to the same server. *the limit is about 100 machines, after that you need a second server.

DominiqueDALLER
Level 5
Hi John, I have just found the problem. On the workstation B, there was a proxy setting irrelevant. So, the only connection working was the direct connection to the database. And the other connections involving a Blue Prism server failed, because this proxy setting was certainly used, even if located on the same workstation. Thank you for your help

@DominiqueDALLER Were you able to bypass the proxy? How did you do it? I can't find Proxy settings anywhere in Blue Prism.

------------------------------
Suchit Mathur
Automation Developer Senior
Capital Group
Pacific/Apia

hi, there would not be a proxy for the BP server connection in BP, but windows has proxy settings for any outbound connections.. You will have to check windows proxy settings for the particular system, once found, disable it if direct connection is possible, or ask IT to add a routing rule to the required component. Basically just make sure both components can connect to each other.

Ashish Easow
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
Blueprism
Asia/Kolkata