cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with trying to connect to run SQL query from control room

TracySchultz
Level 6
I am trying to get records from a SQL server. I've been testing to validate that my system is logged in as the right user. When I get the list of logged in users for my Resource PC it is showing the correct domain account, so I can validate the logged in user is correct. However when I do the connection the Set connection Action for the SQL Server VBO I am putting in only the server so it'll use the Windows authenticated login. However when I use the Get Collection action next it fails with the user it is failed with listed as the system account for the pc.

I don't doubt I'm doing something wrong but I'm hitting my head against a wall trying to ascertain exactly where i'm going wrong here.

Tracy

------------------------------
Tracy Schultz
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

@GopalBhaire

So it looks like the issue is with my setup for the ResourcePC. I just logged in as the ResourcePC account and disconnected and it worked now.

Appreciate your help and insight but the issue is on my end and know this I'm going to check into how the ResourcePC setup is off.

Tracy Schultz

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GopalBhaire
Level 10

Hi Tracy,

Can you specify what error you are getting? 

If you are using Data - SQL Server VBO you need to specify both Server and Database for Windows Authentication.

Thanks

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

So the error I'm getting from the SQL Server VBO is this
Login failed for user 'WT\RPARUNP1$'.

I have turned on logging so I can get more insight into what is going on.
The Connection string the VBO is deriving is this

database=ClientCare;data source=ftwdb2;Trusted_Connection=Yes

I show these users are logged in using the login agent.

WT\bprism01

That is the domain account for the bot. From every indication I can find it shows that the bot is logged in using windows authentication. It should be using that for the connection. I have set the database as you've suggested and it is still failing to connect. I don't think that's the issue. It appears that the bot is not actually using the windows credentials to login, either that or it's not actually logged in.

Tracy Schultz

@GopalBhaire

So it looks like the issue is with my setup for the ResourcePC. I just logged in as the ResourcePC account and disconnected and it worked now.

Appreciate your help and insight but the issue is on my end and know this I'm going to check into how the ResourcePC setup is off.

Tracy Schultz