cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Interaction (Table - Get All Items) ceased to function: "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

holgerbrocks
Level 3
​​Dear all,

we have successfully automated a legacy JAVA application, albeit with significant performance issues. However, it worked reliably in PROD for about 6 months…

However, after an Windows Environment Update, table interactions and others (e.g., ComboBoxes) ceased to function. When reading table contents by Get All Items the following exception is now thrown: "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

So far I have re-enabled Java Access Bridge (jabswitch /enable), the version thereof is consistent with the JAVA version in use. I have also permutated Application Manager mode to no avail "Embedded, External 32Bit, External 64Bit".

"ignorenotshowing" parameter is set, enabling/disabling "descendtree" did also not help.

Blue Prism version is 6.4.3 on Windows Server 2016 Standard, JRE 1.8.0_231

So far, I have only found a single post with similar issues (BP, above error message) on stackoverflow, but without any feasible solution. Nothing in the community forums or the KB.

Hence, I would be grateful for any suggestion about how to render Java Automation functional as before.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Holger
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

holgerbrocks
Level 3
Well, we found a workaround. Force the corresponding Business Application to use 32Bit JAVA, register JAB for 32Bit JAVA.

As both, 32Bit and 64Bit JAVA, are provided with the RSDH image apparently the latest update comprised configuration changes (still unknown to us) which broke the previous setup.

Hth,

Holger

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JohnCowell
Staff
Staff
Hi Holger,

Did you get any further with this issue? We have seen reports of similar errors when using OpenJDK versions of Java JRE and JAB and trying to read table contents, however use of OpenJDK with Blue Prism is not a supported combination at present. Is this an Oracle JRE installation or a flavour of OpenJDK? Also, is it 32-bit or 64-bit? If it is 64-bit JRE, try the 32-bit version. Those reports when using OpenJDK only mention problems with reading table contents; the other elements such as buttons, textfields, input boxes all work ok (although again, unsupported by Blue Prism).

If you the Windows update included updating Java JRE then could you revert to a previous version whilst you continue investigations?

Best regards,
John
John Cowell Senior Software Support Analyst Blue Prism

holgerbrocks
Level 3
Well, we found a workaround. Force the corresponding Business Application to use 32Bit JAVA, register JAB for 32Bit JAVA.

As both, 32Bit and 64Bit JAVA, are provided with the RSDH image apparently the latest update comprised configuration changes (still unknown to us) which broke the previous setup.

Hth,

Holger