cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSON VBO compilation error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have passed a json string [in key value format] to the JSON VBO action "JSON to Collection" which converts json string into a datatable. It's giving the following error: Internal : Could not run the object because one of the code stages has a compile error, use Check for Errors for a list of problems I checked the code stage of the vbo and the function "ConvertToDataTable()" which the VBO uses for convertion is present in the Global Code tab in the Initialize page. You can rule out the issue of incorrect parameters(or data type) being passed. In the error list , here's what's given: Page: Initialize Stage:1 Error: Could not find library Newtonsoft.json.dll Page:Initialize Stage:1 Error:Compiler initialization failed unexpectedly.The system cannot find the file specified. So I checked the Initialize page and in the Code Option tab, the library is there in the External Refernces block already. Am I missing something? ... Any help/suggestion to resolve the issue is appreciated. thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, If you have added the missing library and saved the VBO file, the error should not appear. Did you saved the Business Object ? Maybe you need to close the file and reopen it, just in case :) KR, Omer

RadoslavHiko
Level 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all, issue is resolved!! there was an error in the VB code..Thanks!! 🙂

What error was there? i have the same problem and i do not know how to resolve this

9geroner
Level 2
Hi All, just got the same error. the dll is already in the installation folder. Whenever i run the robot in the control room it gets the same error but if i run it in debug mode it can get pass through the json parser. need your help. Thanks

Hi, Could you please provide the solution you have done for error. Best Regards, Anil.

I'm experiencing the same thing and have submitted a ticket to Blue Prism regarding the issue. It works in debug mode, but can't run from the control room. I've tried adding waits, ensured the correct newtonsoft json dll file. I'm open to ideas anyone has while it is being worked by BP.

Ed. Can you try to reboot the resource machine and see if that fixes the issue? The last day or two I've had times it has started worked and times when it fails to from the control room. The last time it stopped working I tried a reboot and when it came back up it started working again. I'm not convinced that it's fixed, but it's something to try.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am very interested in what is happening with this ticket. We are seeing the exact same problem as stvnhdmpa. We too have checked that everything has been properly installed(the object is able to find the Newtonsoft.json.dll just fine). Everything seems to work in debug mode. But in resource PC mode we invariably get the compilation error bug (rebooting makes no difference). I may add that we are running v5.0.23.