cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Web Start application. Struggling to interlock with multiple window layers.

mimmo
Level 2
Hello Team, I'm trying to automate a Java Web Start application (ISAT) by attach and targeting jp2launcher process. All elements were mapped with BP v4. I have now migrated to BP v5. Automation works fine at login stage and it also works good with subsequent window opened, based on different transactions they can be up to 4 layers (all belonging to same process jp2launcher), including information popups. The odd thing is that I'm no longer able to interlock with 3rd layer's elements nor spy them again in order to recapture them as I got a SPY error popup: There was an error during the spying operation. System.ApplicationException: Exception getting Java Identfier KeyBindings Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) What I'm doing wrong? Is there something I can do to make Application Modeler (and Blueprism app) responsive again? Thanks in advance - Domenico
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This could be a 32bit/64bit issue. Have you installed the same 32/64 bit version of v5 as you had previously used for v4? Have you tried experimenting with the Application Modeller modes within Blue Prism?

mimmo
Level 2
Hello, Denis, no changes were done to JREs during migration from v4 to v5. It was apparently a matter of aligning application modeller version to 32 bit. What I'm wondering is why with version 4 I didn't get this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am facing the same issue while spying a pop-up generated by a java script. I ended up using surface automation and the results are not accurate

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Regarding the comment about Surface Automation. If correctly implemented Surface Automation should always be robust and accurate - If you are finding otherwise I recommend contacting an experienced lead developer or Blue Prism DEM for assistance.