cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load an autosave

DennisLaursen
Level 4
As far as I know, Blue Prism makes an autosave every 15 minutes (or so, as default), while one are working on a process or an object. Is there a method to load an autosave? I was unintentionally pressing "Discard changes" on a process, where I should press "Save". So it would be great, if I someway are able to recover my work, in spite of the discard changes.
6 REPLIES 6

DennisLaursen
Level 4
Hi Tolani. Thanks for the answer. It seems that I must manually restore my work. But next time I will remember to use the right button 🙂

adityakumar2
Level 3
How to autosave every 2minutes?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Blue Prism automatically stores an auto-backup of what you are working on.  By default I think this might be every 10 minutes but it can be changed in the System Settings area of the product (anything from 1 to every 30 minutes). The back ups are only stored in case the product crashes or is killed or your PC crashes etc. while you are working.  If that occurs the next time you open your process or object you will get an unsaved data dialog.   The auto saves are all lost if you cleanly exit your process/object (either selecting save or discard changes). This functionality is similar to other products.  If when using MS Word my computer crashes there is a good chance Word will have stored an auto-save.  However, if I exit word and accidently select 'Dont Save' instead of 'Save' I will loose my work.

@Denis__Dennehy Why not make Blue Prism's functionality better than other programs, instead of just matching it?

It should be trivial to have Studio keep the auto-saved information until the next successful save. Humans make mistakes, and being able to "undo" them is invaluable. Hitting the wrong button by mistake shouldn't mean losing hours of work when the work has already been saved. It should be as simple as right-clicking on the process/object, and selecting, "restore last auto-save". Of course there are many ways to implement this, but, it would surely be useful to many that have discarded work by accident.

How would one go about requesting this as an enhancement?

Thanks,

Mark

------------------------------
Mark Wilson

You can add it in the idea portal: Share an Idea - Blue Prism Community

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

BharratK_Mohan
Level 3
Hi All,

There is a bug in recovering auto save work on V6.5.1. This has been reported to BP team, and they have acknowledged the same and fixed in V6.7.1. PFB URL for the ticket :-

Bharrat K Mohan
RPA Technical Lead/Consultant
TCS
UTC