cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log Viewer

SunilKumar1
Level 3
Hello,

Due to security issues dev doesn't have access to production logs using BP App pointing to prod. We see logs in exported csv file by admin which becaome very diffcult to understand because it doesnt provide same view which BP provide.So checking logs in CSV takes too much time of devlopers.

Is there any external/BP supported tool which we can integrate with BP so that it provide same view ? 

Can you please provide table which holds all logs of executed process/object.Is there any wrapper /Stored procedure/SQL query which can provide me same format/view as we see in control room.

This helps me to access logs without taking BP prod app access and developer can get rid of CSV file logs.

------------------------------
Sunil Kumar
RPA Engineer
Encore Capital Group
4 REPLIES 4

Rambo27
Level 8
Hi Sunil,

Below are some of the log table under blue prism database. 
Do check as per your need what is needed from which table. 

BPASessionLog_NonUnicode
BPASessionLog_Unicode
BPAScheduleLog
BPAScheduleLogEntry
BPAWorkQueueItem
BPAWorkQueueLog
BPAAuditEvents

Shikhar Mishra RPA Lead
Shikhar Mishra RPA Lead Infosys

Hi Sunil,

The Connector for Blue Prism Analytics for Splunk available on DX (https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/blue-prism-analytics-for-splunk) also gives a view into digital worker sessions along with Work Queue Summary, Work Queue Detail, Audit Events etc. 

25753.png
Do note the dependencies for using the asset on the DX page.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Sunil - take a look at Data Gateways too. It's a means of sending data from the BP database to a destination of your choice. There are many possible destination types but typically this would be a dashboarding tool like Elastic or Splunk.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Sunil,

At my place of work we have a similar situation with no or very limited access to production. However, I find the Logs extracted to a CSV or XL extremely helpful in solving ongoing issues with processes. So much so that the extracted log will always be my starting point for analysis of a problem, and is always the first thing I ask for when starting on a new task.

But as BP Logs tend to be lengthy, a fair bit of filtering is required to get rid of noise that is not relevant. In many workplaces (...including mine...) you might find the logging is partly switched off to keep the file size down. In such cases your talents for guesstimating will be very helpful and valuable in speeding up analysis.

While the Logs are readily available to me, the databases are a big no-no. No way I will ever get access to any of that, and perhaps due to that I put some time in reading and understanding the Logs where I perhaps might have ignored them otherwise in favor of another solution. 

Other solutions will certainly give you a broader view over what went on in your process, but don't underestimate the BP Logs! 🙂

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)