cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log functionality in Blue prism

MayankGoyal2
Level 8
Hi,

Looking for some inputs on log functionality of blue prism resource PC, I have a object set to logging as error only by default. When running process from scheduler and login agent, I want to override this error only to Enable logs so that for that particular session, BP captures log of each and every stage rather than coded option in object or process.

Is there a way to control logging from resource PC when running process from scheduler or control room?

------------------------------
Mayank Goyal
7 REPLIES 7

MayankGoyal2
Level 8
Also kindly confirm if there is a way in process studio to mark Dont log parameter for this stage for multiple/all action stages at a time rather than doing for one by one?
I think only action stage has this checkbox of dont log parameter?

Mayank Goyal

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Hi Mayank,

Yes. You can control the Logging Level from the Resource PC Management settings.
To do this, please find the steps below.  

• Open Interactive Client > System > Management 
  • Right-click on one of the Active Resources > Select Logging Level > Check the Stage (Default / Key Stages / All Stages / Errors Only) >
  • Close and reopen the Interactive Client

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

@jegendra - Thanks a lot for your response, just to ensure I get it right, so if my process is scheduled to run on a machine X, i will need to go to machine X on active resources and update its settings from Default to All stages. Once scheduler will run process on this machine X, all logs will be captured. This setting will stay in place for machine X unless I revert it back to Default? Log off and login on machine X wont effect this setting once I set it? ​

Mayank Goyal

Hello Mayank,

Setting will stay even if you log off that RTR on which setting has been applied.

BR/
Neeraj

Neeraj Kumar
Software Engineer
Ericsson
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Mayank,

Yes. Log off and log on activities on the machine X won't affect the setting once you manually set the Logging Level.

Jega Avinasinathan
Blue Prism

Hi Mayank,

Currently, by design, the option for the parameter logging is only available through selecting the actions individually.
However, for this specific requirement, I recommend logging the issue as an enhancement request on the Blue Prism Ideas.
The Product team gather and assess the ideas and necessities submitted there, and they will be considered for the inclusion in future Blue Prism releases.

Jega Avinasinathan
Blue Prism

@jegendra​ - Thanks for your response, please confirm if there is a way in BP only to log output parameters and not input parameters. Suppose my input is very long string and output is just a keyword in it, I dont want to log that long string, rather just the output.
Similarly is there a way to log only few columns of collection and skip rest. These all features can help preserve important logs and at same time time use memory effectively. If these features are not there, can you help suggesting it to engineering team and get these included.

Mayank Goyal